"Through learning language, we learn about culture. Through learning about culture, we learn respect for others. Through learning respect for others, we can hope for peace"

lunes, 11 de abril de 2011

EXERCISES FUTURE MIX

1. Put the verbs into the correct form (will, going to,

 simple present or present progressive).
  1. I love London. I (probably / go)  there next year.
  2. Our train (leave)  at 4:47.
  3. What (wear / you)  at the party tonight?
  4. I haven't made up my mind yet. But I think I (find)  something nice in my mum's wardrobe.
  5. This is my last day here. I (go)  back to England tomorrow.
  6. Hurry up! The conference (begin)  in 20 minutes.
  7. My horoscope says that I (meet)  an old friend this week.
  8. Look at these big black clouds! It (rain) .
  9. Here is the weather forecast. Tomorrow (be)  dry and sunny.
  10. What does a blonde say when she sees a banana skin lying just a few metres in front of her? - Oh dear! I (slip) !

    2. Using the words in brackets, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses.
    A. Mark: What are you doing with those scissors? Beth: I (cut) that picture of the ocean out of the travel magazine. Mark: What (you, do) with it? Beth: I (paint) a watercolor of the ocean for my art class, and I thought I could use this photograph as a model.
    B.
    Gina: Where are you going? Ted: I (go) to the store to pick up some groceries. Gina: What (you, get) ? Ted: I (buy) some milk, some bread, and some coffee.
    C.
    John: Wow, it's freezing out there. Jane: I (make) some coffee to warm us up. Do you want a piece of pie as well? John: Coffee sounds great! But I (have) dinner with some friends later, so I'd better skip the pie. Jane: I (go) to dinner tonight too, but I'm having a piece of pie anyway.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario